$ 44.74 € 51.78 zł 12.02
+20° Kyiv +15° Warsaw +24° Washington

Joshua's team is demanding that the fight against Fury take place in the UK

UA NEWS 14 August 2026 09:06
Joshua's team is demanding that the fight against Fury take place in the UK

Anthony Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, stated that the British boxer's team may pull out of the fight against Tyson Fury if the organizers decide to hold the bout in the U.S. According to him, Joshua and his team insist that the historic fight take place in the United Kingdom.

According to the promoter, the organizers want to hold the fight in New York, but Joshua and his team are firmly opposed to that option.

“Everyone wants to hold the fight in New York, except for Anthony Joshua and me. We’re under enormous pressure. It’s something like: ‘We’re partners, we’re paying a lot of money, you have to understand that we need to move the fight to where we think it makes the most commercial sense.’ I don’t agree with their arguments,” Hearn said.

The promoter emphasized that Joshua’s team will not sign a contract to hold the fight in the U.S.

“But we wouldn’t have signed the contract if the fight were to take place in America. That’s why we need to discuss this issue,” he explained.

Hearn also warned that the fight might not take place at all if the organizers announce that the fight will be held in New York without a proper agreement with Joshua’s team.

“A few days ago, they wrote to us: ‘Just so you know, we’d like to announce the fight in New York,’ and I replied: ‘No, you can’t.’ It’s even possible that they’ll go ahead and announce it anyway, and you’ll probably see me say pretty quickly, ‘There won’t be a fight,’” the promoter said.

He added: “I promise you: if they announce this fight without an agreement to change the venue, there won’t be a fight, and we’re not bluffing. We firmly believe that this fight must take place in the UK.”

Gearn noted that for the British boxer’s team, the venue is more important than maximizing financial profit.

“We’re basically saying, ‘Well, if you want to hold this in America, you have to pay us all that money for something else,’ because we don’t really care about the money—we want it to be in England. So we want to make enough money that they’ll just say, ‘You know what, let’s just hold it in England,’” the promoter explained.

Reports emerged yesterday that the Anthony Joshua vs. Tyson Fury fight could take place on November 20, 2026, in New York City at Madison Square Garden.

At the same time, it was previously reported that holding the fight at London’s Wembley Stadium in the evening would be difficult due to restrictions on mass events after 11:00 p.m. local time.

Thus, the future of the long-awaited Joshua–Fury fight largely depends on where exactly the organizers agree to hold it.

Gearn’s comments were reported by Boxing News.

As a reminder, Anthony Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has stated his willingness to completely cancel the anticipated fight against Tyson Fury, which is scheduled for November 20. The main point of contention is the venue: most organizers are insisting on New York, while “AJ’s” team is adamant that the fight take place in the United Kingdom.

Former undisputed world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson stated that 39-year-old Ukrainian boxer Oleksandr Usyk, the reigning world champion under the WBA, WBC, IBF, and IBO, is the true face of modern boxing.

Mike Tyson has confirmed the fight against Floyd Mayweather.

Read us on Telegram and Sends

Download our app