Putin Set a Condition for Peace Talks with Ukraine
On August 22, Vladimir Putin stated that Russia is ready for peace talks with Ukraine only if they take into account the “realities on the ground.” At the same time, the Russian dictator called the proposals received by Moscow “exotic” and unacceptable, without specifying exactly which conditions he was referring to.
According to the dictator, the proposals Moscow is currently receiving are unacceptable.
“At the same time, the proposals being put forward to us are, at times, I would say, of an exotic nature and are unacceptable. We are always ready for dialogue, but only based on the realities on the ground,” Putin said.
When asked to clarify what “exotic proposals” he was referring to, the dictator did not go into detail but said that these proposals had been made before.
“You know, I’d rather not talk about this right now or go into details, because this is a process of sounding out various avenues for possible agreements. They’ve been raised one way or another before, but now, in this situation, they’re being presented in their own way. But it’s still too early to jump the gun and talk about what might form the basis of potential agreements,” he concluded.
Earlier, Putin commented on the strikes against Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure.
As a reminder, Russia has once again struck the port of Odesa, resulting in casualties.
In Izyum, Kharkiv Oblast, five people were injured as a result of a Russian airstrike. The enemy also damaged at least 15 residential buildings.
Since the evening of August 16, the Russian army has attacked four districts of the Dnipropetrovsk region nearly 20 times. Five people were wounded as a result of the enemy strikes.
In Kherson, power outages occurred as a result of yet another round of Russian shelling.