Russia has called Eurovision "satanism"
On Monday, May 18, Russia announced that it has no plans to return to the Eurovision Song Contest, calling its selection criteria and atmosphere “unacceptable” and claiming they resemble “Satanism.”
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov told this to the propaganda media.
The head of the Russian Foreign Ministry is convinced that the show’s current format and the European values it promotes are incompatible with the Kremlin’s state policy.
“Moscow will not tolerate the ‘satanism’-like criteria used to select Eurovision participants,” Lavrov stated categorically.
The head of Russia’s Foreign Ministry also said that Russia currently feels perfectly at home in other international structures that, in addition to political and economic issues, focus on expanding cultural and humanitarian programs.
“More and more cultural initiatives, including those within the BRICS framework, are aimed at organizing relevant events in the spirit of traditional values, cultural, musical, and other traditions of the peoples comprising BRICS, and preserving the art that has developed in those regions,” Lavrov said.
Previously, we wrote:
Ahead of the Eurovision 2026 Grand Final, bookmakers have updated their predictions, and Ukraine’s chances of winning have plummeted.