$ 44.74 € 51.87 zł 12.04
+31° Kyiv +25° Warsaw +27° Washington

Maresca said that Manchester City will continue to be active in the transfer market

Lev Shevtsov 16 August 2026 21:15
Maresca said that Manchester City will continue to be active in the transfer market

Manchester City head coach Enzo Maresca said the club will remain active in the transfer market until the transfer window closes. He made the remarks following the team’s 0–3 loss to Arsenal in the English Super Cup match.

According to Maresca, the club’s needs had been identified before the game, and the result did not change its transfer plans. The coach noted that Manchester City clearly understands what steps it needs to take and plans to make a transfer before the window closes.

According to a Reuters report published by Channel NewsAsia, Manchester City has already spent a club-record 116 million pounds on Elliott Anderson. At the same time, media reports have suggested that Spanish national team midfielder and World Cup champion Rodri may leave the team.

For more breaking news, follow the UA.News Telegram channel.

It is also reported that the club is close to signing 18-year-old Moroccan player Ayub Bouaddi from Lille. The potential transfer fee could amount to 85 million pounds. Maresca declined to comment directly on the player, noting that Bouaddi is still under contract with the French club.

The coach added that it is important for new signings to join the team as soon as possible so they can get to work and understand Manchester City’s style of play. The team will kick off the new Premier League season with a home match against Bournemouth next Sunday.

Read us on Telegram and Sends

Download our app